中学校の教科書での大人の学びなおし、英語編。
本日はLesson 6 を学びました。
英語の教科書では定番と思えるキング牧師の演説と、ケネディ大統領の就任演説を扱っています。
文法は名詞のいろいろな修飾方法。
Lesson 6
I Have a Dream
① What do you see in this picture?
② Name a famous person in history. What did she or he do?
GET Part 1
Paul: This is a photo taken in 1962.
Kumi: What about it?
Paul: Look at these men drinking water. It shows a dark side of US history.
Kumi: A dark side of US history? I don’t understand.
Paul: I can tell you more.
Kumi: OK>
POINT
後置修飾Ⅰ
① 動詞の-ing形 「~している…」と人やものを説明するとき
The girl who is playing tennis is Miki.
The girl playing tennis is Miki.
② 過去分詞形 「~された…」と人やものを説明するとき
This is a book which was written by Soseki.
This is a book written by Soseki.
Practice
Speak
What’s a language spoken in Spain ? – Spanish.
What’s a book written by Natsume Soseki.
Write
Spanish is a language spoken in Spain.
Botchan is a book written by Natsume Soseki.
Word Bank いろいろな国のおもなことば
Japan Japanese
England English
China Chinese
France French
Germany German
India Hindi, Marathi, English
Korea Korean
Spain Spanish
GET Part 2
Here is a story I want to tell you. One day Rosa Parks, a black woman, was on a bus. She was sitting near the ’Whites Only’ section. Soon that section fillede up. The driver said. “Give up your seat, or I’ll call the police.” “No,” she said. The police came and arrested her.
Practice
Speak
A: What’s the best book you’ve ever read?
B: Hashire Merosu is the best book I’ve ever read.
B: It’s about friendship.
Write
The best book I have ever read is Hashire Merosu. It is about friendship.
Word Bank 大切なことば
Courage(勇気)
Creativity(創造性)
Effort(努力)
Friendship(友情)
Honesty(正直)
Humore(ユーモア)
Teamwork(チームワーク)
USE Read
I Have a Dream
In 1955, there were many things black people in the United States could not do under the law. There were restrooms they could not use. There were drinking fountains they could not use. There were bus seats they could not use.
These unfair laws upset many people. One of them was Martin Luther king, Jr. He heard about the arrest of Mrs. Parks in Montgomery, Alabama. He said, “We cannot stand it any more. Let’s make a movement. Let’s fight for anyone’s right to take any seat on any bus. We shall never give up.”
He led the people of the city fighting for justice. They fought in a peaceful way. They stopped riding city buses. Some walked to work and school. Others shared cars. Many people joined the movement, even some white people. Their fight lasted for more than a year. Finally they changed the law. Black people were free to sit anywhere. For many years, they worked hard to change other laws too.
In 1963, over 200,000 people gathered in Washington, D.C. to support justice for all. Dr King made a great speech from the steps of the Lincolon Memorial. Here are some of the words spoken by him.
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I have a dream today.
I have a dream that one day…our little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sister and brothers. I have a dream today.
In1964, Dr King won the Nobel Peace Prize. Four years later, he was shot and killed. He died, but the fight for justice continues. His dream lives on.
Join hands with:手を取り合う
Live on:生き続ける
USE Write
人物を紹介する記事を書こう
Step 1 人物を選ぶ
Step 2 日本語でメモを作る
Step 3 日本語のメモから項目を選び、英語でメモを作る
Step 4 英語で作ったメモをもとに、文書を書き、タイトルと署名をつける
Martin Luther King, Jr. by Kato Ken
The person I respect is Dr Martin Luther King, Jr. Dr King fought for the equality of black and white people. Sometimes people used violence against him. He never used violence back. His famous speech. “I Have a Dream,” moved me. I learned that dreams are important. I want to have a strong dream in my heart. Dr King was killed, but hi is sill a hero.
Tips for Writing 8
主題が複数あるときは、パラグラフを分けると、文章全体がわかりやすい。
尊敬する人物:キング牧師
主題1 ・キング牧師がしたこと
主題2 ・スピーチを聞いて感じたこと
Martin Luther King, Jr. fought for the equality of people. He never used violence.
Dr King’s famous speech moved me. I learned dreams are important.
Lesson 6 文法のまとめ
後置修飾(動詞の-ing形・過去分詞)
The girl playing tennis is Miki.
This is a book written by Soseki
後置修飾(名詞を修飾する文)
名詞のあとにその名詞を説明する文<主語+動詞>をつなげて表すことができる
The country I want to vist is France.
Review 修飾することば
前置修飾(名詞を前から修飾する言い方)
① 形容詞
My sister has a new computer.
② 動詞の-ing形
The swimming girl is Aki.
③ 動詞の過去分詞形
I like boiled eggs.
後置修飾(名詞を後ろから修飾する言い方)
① 名詞+<主語+動詞~>の形
The place I want to visit is Kobe.
② 関係代名詞
I know a person who speaks French.
I found the letter which she wrote.
③ 動詞の-ing形
The boy playing with the dog is Tom.
④ 動詞の過去分詞形
I have a camera made in Japan.
⑤ 不定詞の形容詞用法
Yokohama has many things to see.
⑥ 前置詞句
This is a picture of my family.
My father works at a bank in Osaka.
Let’s Listen 5 英語のスピーチ
ケネディ大統領就任演説(部分)
In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. I do not shank from this responsibility - I welcome it. I do not believe that any of us would exchange places with any other people or any other generation. The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavour will light our country and all who serve it -- and the glow from that fire can truly light the world.
And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country.
My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.
Granted: 与えた
Faith: 信念
Devotion: 献身
Endeavor: 努力
Glow:輝き
Fellow Americans: アメリカ国民のみなさん
Citizens: 国民
Let’s Talk 4
玉子料理はいかがですか
Good morning, Mr Tanaka.
Goor morning, Emma. We’re almost ready.
It smells great.
Woud you like some scrambled eggs?
Yes, please.
And how about some juice?
Thank you.
Talking Point 丁寧な表現
Would you like some scrambled eggs?
Idea Box
Boiled egg
A glass of water
Something to drink: 飲み物
Another helping: おかわり
Another cup of tea: お茶をもう一杯
Project 2 日本文化を紹介しよう
絵や写真を見せながら、日本文化をShow & Tellで紹介しよう。
Idea Box
【文化・芸術】
折り紙: paper craft arts, fold paper, shapes of
扇子: a fan(うちわ), carry it easily, use it in summer
書道: calligraphy, the art of writing, use a brush
【年中行事】
初詣: visit shrines [temples], pray for health [happiness], draw an omikuji, a charm(お守り), the New Year
節分: scatter roasted beans, drive away goblins(鬼を追い払う), eat as many beans as our age(年齢と同じ豆を食べる), wish for good health(無病息災を祈る)
ひな祭り: display Hina dolls, wish for good health and growth
こどもの日:display carp streamers(こいのぼりを飾る), celebrate healthy growth(健やかな成長を祝う)

