107 前置詞(prepositions)③ 方向を表す前置詞
[例文]
1 I'm leaving (Tokyo) for Osaka the day after tomorrow.
2 This train is (bound) for Hakata.
3 It takes about two and a half hours from Tokyo to Osaka.
4 I'm into Korean food lately.
5 This textbook is useful, but a little out of date.
6 Everyone goes through culture shock.
「誰でもカルチャーショックを経験するものです」
7 There is a post office across the street.
8 I love to drive along the coast.
9 The subway is probably the best eway to get around the city.
10 The dog jumped onto the sofa.
11 If you walk pu the stairs, you'll get to the MULC.
12 Walk down the street, and you'll get to the stadium.
≒along the street
[単語解説]
leave…:…を出発するleave for~:~へ出発する
for:目標へ向かう方向を示す
to:到達点を含む方向を表す
a flight to Osaka
大阪行きの飛行機
※前置詞の意味の広がり
into I am into ~:「~の中へ」(中に入り込んでしまうほど)夢中になる
out of ~is out of date:「~の外へ」(現在の時の外にある)時代遅れである
through go through~:「~を通って」通り抜けて進んでいく(困難等を経験する)
原義 a + cross
(十字架になるように)横切って
along 線状の・細長いものの(long)の方向に沿うイメージ
around:動的「ぐるりと囲む」
about:静的「周りにある」
to the sofa:ソファに向かって
on the sofa:ソファーの上に

