Point 17. 話法の転換は一種の英作文
・話法を転換するときは時制の一致に注意
・話法の転換に伴う代名詞や副詞の変換について知っておく
233. She thinks that he used to be quite rich.
※主格の動詞の時制が現在ならば時制の一致は考えなくてよい。
「以前は~だっだ」はused to を使う。
234. He will probably say that it was your fault.
※主節の動詞の時制が未来の時、時制の一致は考えなくてよい。
235. He said that the exhibition (had) finished the previous week.
※「彼が言ったとき」が直近であれば the exhibition finisheded last week となる。
236. He proposed(suggested) that we postpone the meeting until Friday.
※← He said, "Lets postpone the meeting until Friday."
動詞がproposeのためpostponeが原形になっている。
237. He said that if I kept a dog I would probably enjoy life more.
※仮定法は時制の一致を考えないでそのまま使う。
← He said to me, "If you kept a dog, you would probably enjoy life more."
238. She asked him what she could do.
※← She asked him, "What can I do?"
239. My doctor told me that I could go home anytime I wanted to.
※meを抜かさないこと。
240. I asked him to reply as soon as possible.
※「~してくれと頼む」<ask A to ~>
241. The doctor asked her if she was frightened
※Yes/Noで答えられる質問形では<ask A if ...>の形にする。
242. He hardy ever says thank you.
243. The police officer said that he had seen the suspect thre the day before.
244. The druggist asked him which he preferred, pills or granules.
※granules:顆粒
245. She exclaimed how wonderful that music was.
246. He told me that if I didin't take care I would slip on the ice.
※複文の場合は全部通して時制が一致する。
