2021年11月30日火曜日

[晴れときどき英語のお勉強] 『英文法授業ノート』 050 受動態(Passive Voice) 受動態の慣用表現


 050 受動態(Passive Voice) 受動態の慣用表現

【解説】

日本語では能動態のように感じられるものの受動態となる英文

感情を表す単語に多い


be born 「生まれる」

be brought up 「育つ」

≒be raised


cf. grow up 「育つ・成長する・大人になる」

grow <自動詞>「成長する・生長する」

<他動詞>「(植物を)育てる・栽培する」


be bored, be confused, be disappointed, be excited

be satisfied, be shocked, be surprised, be tired


be caught in 「~に遭遇する」(好ましくない状況)

be covered with 「~で覆われている」

be filled with 「~で満たされている」


be known to 「~に知られている」

be known as 「~として知られている」

be known by 「~によって知られている」


be injured in/by 「~で怪我をする」

※原因を表すときはbyを使う

by falling rocks 「落石で」


be made into 「~に作られる(加工される)」←物(製品)が完成したとき


be made from 「~作られている(原料)」(原形をとどめていない)

be made of 「~で作られている(材料)」(もとの形をとどめている)



【例文】

1 I was born and brought up in Tokyo.

≒I was born and raised in Tokyo.


I was born on February 29th.

(誕生日は過去形で表す)


△grew up

×grown up



2 I am confused.


3 I am excited about going to British Hills.


4 I was caught in a shower on my way home.

I was caught in a traffic jam.


5 A lot of people are killed in traffic accidents.「(事故で)死ぬ」

cf. die「(寿命・病気で)死ぬ」


6 The temple is made of wood.

cf. Papers is made from wood.


7 Milk is made into butter and cheese.

≒Butter and cheese are made from milk.