2022年4月11日月曜日

[晴れときどき英語のお勉強] 『英文法授業ノート』 082 否定文(negative sentences)①


 082 否定文(negative sentences)①


文の内容を否定するときは(述語)動詞・助動詞をnotで否定する。


be動詞/助動詞 → 後にnotをつける


一般動詞 → 前にdo[does]not/did not をつけて動詞を原形にする


[例文]

1 私は香辛料の利いた料理が好きではありません。

I do not like spicy food.

I am not fond of spicy food.

I am not a big fan of spicy food.


be fond of ( -ing) ~することを愛好している

be not a big fan of ~ ~が特別好きというわけではない



2 私は英語を話すのが得意ではありませんでした。

I could not speak English well.

I was not good at speaking English.

I was not a good speaker of English.


be good at (-ing) ~(すること)が得意だ

good at speaking - ≒ good speaker of - 



3 彼女はパソコンを使えません。

She cannot use a computer.

She does not know how to use a computer.

She is not able to use a computer.

She is unable to use a computer.


4 私はそのクラブの会員ではありません。

I do not belong to the club.

I am not a member of the club.


一般動詞 belong to ~に属する

be動詞 be a member of - ~の一員である


belong to は進行形にしない

cf.<名詞> belongings 「所有物・所持品」


5 その犬は私のではありません。

The dog does not belong to me.

The dog is not mine.