2022年4月2日土曜日

[晴れときどき英語のお勉強] 『英文法授業ノート』 081 接続詞(conjunctions)② 従属接続詞


 081 接続詞(conjunctions)② 従属接続詞


従位接続詞とも呼ばれる

「~だから…」「~したときに…」「もし~したら…」のように、

…の部分(主節)に、~の部分(従位節)を結びつけるのが従位接続詞


従位節には「名詞節」と「副詞節」がある


形容詞節には関係詞を用いる


[解説]

副詞節を導く従属接続詞


when, while, until, before, after, since, as 「~するにつれて/~するように」

because/as/since 「~なので」


…as soon as ~

as far as/ as long as 「~する限り(※範囲/条件)」

even if [even though]

though [although]



[例文]

1 I was watching a film wen the power went out.


2 Strike while the iron is hot.


3 I have lived in Tokyo since I was eighteen.


4 I had lived in Kyoto until I was eighteen.


5 We couldn't play tennis because it was raining.


6 As far as I know, she speakes good English.

「私の知る限りでは、彼女は上手な英語を話します」(範囲)


cf. as long as ~ 「条件」


This bicycle will give you long use as long as you take good care of it.

「この自転車は手入れさえすれば長持ちしますよ」


7 I will stay home if it rains tomorrow.


8 I have to go even if it rains cats and dogs.


9 Though I did my best, I lost the game.


※althoughは書き言葉で文頭で使われることが多い


≒I did my best , but I lost the game.

butは等位接続詞


※主節と従属節の位置は入れ替えることができる


≒Because it was raining, we couldn't play tennis.

cf. 前置詞句 because of the rain 「雨のせいで」