2022年1月16日日曜日

[晴れときどき英語のお勉強] 『英文法授業ノート』072 分詞構文(participial constructions)④ 分詞構文を副詞節に変える演習

   [晴れときどき英語のお勉強] 『英文法授業ノート』072 分詞構文(participial constructions)④ 分詞構文を副詞節に変える演習



①文脈から判断して「接続詞」を選ぶ

②主節の主語

③「現在分詞」を主語・時制に併せて「動詞」に変える



【例文】

1 Opening the bottle, she found a letter in it.

⇒ When she opened the bottle, …


2 Walking around, I found myself in front of a church.

⇒ As I walked around, …


3 Seeing police officers, he ran away.

⇒ As soon as he saw police officers, …


※時を表す接続詞 when / as soon as を足す


4 A typhoon hit the region, causing great damage to crops.

crops:作物


※付帯状況を表す分詞構文の用法は、接続詞を使って表さない

「それにより~(結果として生じること)」のように主節の内容に情報を付け足す用法



5 (Whiile) watching the movie, I fell asleep.

⇒ While I was watching the movie, …


6 (  ) Staying in Vancouver, I took a day trip to Seattle.

⇒ While I was staying in Vancouver, …


※接続詞+分詞

接続詞を分詞の前に置くことにより分詞構文が表す意味をはっきりさせる用法


<時>

While ~ing:「~している間」

When ~ing:「~する時」


<譲歩>

While ~ing:「確かに~だが」

≒Though / Although ~ing


7 It being cold last night, I couldn't sleep well.

⇒ As it was cold last night, …


※独立分詞構文

主節の主語≠分詞構文で表す節の主語


8 Not knowing what to do, I asked him for advice.

⇒ As I didin't know what to do, …


9 Having spent all money, I coudn't buy the book.

⇒ As I had spent all my money, …


10 Written in simple English, it [the book] is easy to read.

⇒ As the book is written in simple English, …