2020年12月22日火曜日

[晴ときどき英語のお勉強] 中学校の教科書での大人の学びなおし英語編 NEW CROWN 3 lesson 7

中学の教科書での大人の学び直し企画。英語編。

レッスンはこれで終了なのですが、長文のおまけがあるので、あと1回で終わりとします。





 Lesson 7  English for Me


① What are the people in the pictures doing?

② What have you learned in your English lessons?


この課で学ぶこと

[題材] 英語と自分のかかわりについて考える。

[文法] want + A + to ~ や間接疑問文の形を理解し、使う。

[読解] “English for Me”というテーマについての意見文を読む。

[会話] 会話を始めたり終えたりする。


GET part 1

テレビ番組で世界の子供たちが話します。まずはマリアとボリスです。


Maria, the Philippines

I’d like to study abroad. My parents don’t think I’m ready. I want them to understand my dream. I don’t know what to do.


Boris, Russia

I want to be a musician. I’ll use a computer to make music. But my parents want me to be a doctor. Can I find a way to do both?


Q & A What would Maria like to do? How about Boris?



Practice

2 [Speak] 次のことを相談するなら、クラスメートや学校の先生のだれに頼むとよいかについて話してみよう。

A: I’ll ask Mr. Oka to give me some advice about high school.

B* That’s a good idea. He knows a lot about that.


3 [Write] 2で話したことを書いてみよう。

I’ll ask Mr. Oka to give me some advice about high school.


Word Bank 人に働きかけることば

① Kimie-san wanted the world to be more peaceful.

② Raj asked a clerk to put a card in a present.

③ Sayer’s mother told him to go to school.

④ The driver ordered Mrs. Parks to give up her seat



GET Pat 2

次はムカミと久美が話します。


Mukami, Kenya

I want to be a scientist and find a way to live in space. I don’t know when my dream will come true, but it will. I believe I can do it !


Kumi, Japan

I wonder why we have so much waste. I think we buy too many things. We should buy less to reduce waste and then recycle and reuse the things we buy.



POINT 間接疑問(whyなど)

●動詞+why- 「なぜ~なのか…」

Why is amy sad?

I don’t know why Amy is sad.


Practice

Speak 自分たちの将来についてたずね合おう。

A: Can you imagine where you’ll live in the future, Koji?

B: I can’t , but I want to live out of Japan.

A: Can you imagine what job you’ll have then?

B: I can’t, but I want to work for people in need.


Write 答えた内容をまとめて書いてみよう。

I can’t imagine where I’ll live in the future. I want to live out of Japan. I can’t imagine what job I’ll have then, but I want to work for people in need.


Word Bank これからの人生

Graduate from junior high school

Enter high school

Look for a job

Get a job

Live my myself

Get married

Have a baby

Raise a child


時分の将来について言ってみよう

I’ll graduate from junior high school in March.



USE – Read

“English for ME”というテーマの投稿記事が新聞に掲載されています。それぞれの人の英語とのかかわり、英語に対する思いに注意しながら読んでみよう。


A Doctor

I am a doctor. My passion is helping people. In Japan, I was so busy that I couldn’t keep my passion. Then I saw a program on TV about refugee children. It reminded me of my passion, so I joined a volunteer group. 

I went to places with serious health problems. I talked with patients there. I worked with staff from the area and other countries. 

Communication was often difficult. With good will and hard work, we managed by using English. English helps me to save lives. I have got back my passion. Now I am ’a doctor without borders’ and use ‘a language without borders’.


Manage(d):どうにかやっていく

Get back:取り返す

Refugee:難民


A Former

 I am a rice farmer in Niigata. When I was in school, I thought I would never use English. In Early June of last year, I got an e-mail from a man in Dubai. I didn’t know that he wanted. At first, I asked my daughter to help me with the e-mail. In it, he said, “I compared rice from your fields with other rice. Yours has s special taste. I want rice just from your fields to use in my restaurant.” Now my English is better. I use it every week. I read and write e-mails. English is very important to me and to my family business.

Compare(d):比較する

Compare – with…


A University Student

I am studying engineering in Japan. I use both English and Japanese, but for different purposes. In my daily life, I talk to other students and professors in Japanese. It is easy and convenient. 

In my professional life, I use English. To get the latest information on engineering, I read a lot of research repots by experts around the world. Almost all of these are written in English. In addition, I want people to know about my research. So I sometimes make presentations at international conferences. English is the language of these conferences even in Japan.

In short, the language I use depends on the situation and purpose. I like having choices. How about you?



USE – Speak [会話] 会話をコントロールしよう(会話を始める/会話を終わる)

1 人気の映画について会話しよう。

① Hi, Paul. How are you?

② Hi, Raj. I’m fine. Can I ask you something?

③ Of course. What is it?

④ I’m going to watch a movie. Do you know that movie is popular now?

⑤ How about (A    ). It’s (B     ).

AやBにはどんな英語が入るでしょう。


Idea Box 

★つなぎことば

Well, / Let’s see, / Let me see.

Ah, / Uh, / I mean, /You know,


★相づち

Sure. / Of course. / Why not?

No problem. / That’s a good idea.

Is that so? / I didn’t know that. 

I think so too. / How exciting!


久美の好きな食べ物について

Hi, Paul. How are you?

Hi, Raj. Could you give me some advice?

Sure. What’s wrong?

I’m going to make lunch for Kumi. Do you know that food she likes?



丘先生へのプレゼントについて

Hi, Paul. What’s up?

Hi, Raj. I’m thinking about our graduation .

Oh, are you? What about it?

I’m going to give a present to Mr Oka. Do you have any good ideas?



Tips for Communication 4

◆会話を始める(話しかける、きっかけをつくる)

A: Can I ask you something?

B: Of course.


その他の表現

Do you have time? / Excuse me. 

May I ask you a favor?


◆会話を終わる

A: I enjoyed talking with you.

B: Nice talking with you. See you soon. Bye.


その他の表現

It’s time to leave now. / Bye for now. / Talk to you later.

Have a good day.



Lesson ‘ 文法のまとめ

Want + A + to –

「A(人など)に~してもらいたい」という時は、<want + A + to + 動詞の原形>の形を使う。


Tom wants me to play the piano.


Tell, ask, help も同じように表現することができる。


I will tell him to come here.

She asked Ann to open the door.

I helped Tom to move the desk.

(=I helped Tom move the desk.) to を入れずに表現することもある。


誰かに依頼するときは、want の代わりに would like を使うとていねいな言い方になる。

I would like you to play the piano with me.


間接疑問(whyなど)

疑問詞(whyなど)を使う疑問文が文の中に入ると、<疑問詞+主語+動詞>の語順になる。


I don’t know why Amy is sad.


Why is Amy sad? I don’t know.



Do you know where he want yesterday?

=Where did he go yesterday?


Please tell me who that girl is.

=Who is that girl?



Let’s Talk 5 電話をしよう


This is Ken. May I speak to Paul, please?

I’m afraid he’s walking the dog.

I see. Could you ask hime to call me?

Sure. He know s your number, doesn’t he?

I’m sure he does.

OK, I’ll tell hime.

Thank you.


Talking Point 

Could you ask him to call me?

Sure.

Could you - ? 「~してくださいませんか」とていねいに依頼することができきる。


Idea Box

Can you - ? / Will you - ?

(Could you - ? よりもくだけた言い方)

Hold on, please.

(切らずに)そのままお待ちください。

I’ll put him on.

彼に代わります。

Thank you for calling.

お電話ありがとう。