Point 6. 不定詞の使い方に注意。
076. It is your job to feed the cats daily.
077. I will try not to miss the point.
※「すること」の否定は not to。
078. Be careful not to fall.
079. There is nothing to do today.
080. All you have to do is sign your name here.
081. I want this document to be sent by fax.
082. I have nobody to go shopping with.
083. I went downtown to look for a job.
084. The company had no choice but to increase the workforce overseas.
※but, except はto不定詞の前につけることができる前置詞。
085. I came home (only) to find that my house had been broken into.
※break into:泥棒に入る、結果を表すto不定詞。only to という場合が多い。
086. If you are old enough to work, thre are a lot of things you can do.
※「~するのに十分な」<enough to>
087. I must remember to do it.
088. I moved to a new apartment so as to be neare my work.
※「(その結果)~するように」<so as to>
089. I want to learn how to use this software.
090. If you are to get there by lunchtime, you had better start now.
091. Nobody seems to know how to solve this problem.
※It seems that nobody...より簡潔な表現
092. He believes himself to be a genius.
093. It was brave of the fire fighters to dash into the burning building.
094. This is to certify that the above-named person is a registered nurse in the State of Wisconsin.
※証明書の定型文。
095. She felt the floor move and saw the walls shake.
※<知覚動詞+目的語+原形不定詞>「Aが~するのを見る[聞く・感じる]」
096. You had better not say these things.
※「~したほうがいい」<had better>
「~しないほうがいい」というときはnotは原形不定詞の直前に置く。
