2025年2月2日日曜日

[晴れときどき英語のお勉強] 『英作文のための暗記用例文300』 Point 2. 動詞の意味をよく考えて、日本語に惑わされない。



 Point 2. 動詞の意味をよく考えて、日本語に惑わされない。


018. Can I use your bathroom?

(×)borrow

019.I had a nice dream last night.

(×)see

020. We discussed the new plan.

※discussは他動詞(前置詞なし)

021. I apologized to her for being late.

※apologizeは自動詞(前置詞必要)

022. She married him in Hawaii.

※marryは他動詞

cf. be marrid to ~:「~と結婚している」

023. Our car approached the town.

※approachは他動詞

024. Draw a circle on the blackboard.

(×)write

025.I forgot my umbrella.

cf. I left my umbrella in the car.

※forget:(持ってくるのを)忘れる

026. We went up the mountain on the cable car.

※climb:(手足を使って)登る

She told her friend to get in (into) the cab.

027. A lot of people opposed the new law.

※opposeは他動詞

cf. object to

 Many people object to the new law.

028. You can see the Empire State Building from here.

※進行形にしない

029. Put the book back where it was.

※put back:他動詞の句動詞、目的語をはさむことができる

030. She ahs a bad cold.

cf.catch (a) cold

031. I'll come to see you tomorrow.

(×)go

032. I have availed myself of every opprtunity to learn English.

※常にoneselfを目的語にとる

033. I won't have my son going out at night.

won't=will not

※<have + 目的語+現在分詞>

「~させておくわけにはいかない」

動詞原形は単発的行為、現在分詞は継続的行為、のニュアンス