2022年8月11日木曜日

[晴れときどき英語のお勉強] 『英文法授業ノート』 096 仮定法(Subjunctive mood)② 仮定法の表現Ⅰ


 096 仮定法(Subjunctive mood)② 仮定法の表現Ⅰ


[解説]

I wish 主語 過去形/過去完了形 「~なら/だったらよかったのになあ」

If only 主語 過去形/過去完了形 「~でさえすればなあ/さえしていたらなあ」

…as if 主語 過去形/過去完了形  「まるで~かのように/だったかのように…」


It is time 主語 過去形 「もう~してもよい頃だろう」

If it were not for ~, (仮定法過去) 「もし~がなかったら」

If it had not been for, (仮定法過去完了)

≒Without~,/But for ~,


[例文]

1 I wish you were here.


2 I wish my dog could talk.


3 I wish I had a driver's license.


cf. If only I had a driver's license, 

強い願望「持ってさえいれば…」


4 I wish I had studied harder.


5 I wish I had listened to his advice.


6 If only I had left home ten minutes earlier.


7 He speaks English as if he were an American.


8 He talks as if he knew everything.


9 They were talking as if they had been friends for years.


10 The looked as if they had seen a ghost.


11 It is about time you married.

「あなたもそろそろ結婚してもいい頃でしょう」


12 If it were not for music, my life would be boring.

「もしも音楽がなかったら、私の人生は退屈だろう」


13 If it had not been for her help, I would have drowned.