Point 11. 適切な接続詞を選ぶ
・andとbutは日本語と必ずしも一致しないことに注意
・名詞節を導くthat, whetherなどの使い分けに慣れる
・副詞節は意味をよく考えて接続詞を選ぶ
・相関接続詞を整理して覚える
145. I read the book and found it very humorous.
146. He tried to climb the tree, but failed.
147. One more click and you'll get the details.
148. The noise grew louder and louder.
149. He doesn't like nor(or) trust anyone.
150. Salmon can live in both fresh and salt water.
151. Buy it, or you'll be sorry.
152. I don't feel like doing this; besides, I am very tired.
153. It doesn't matter that he is Japanese.
154. I think (that) this limitation is too restrictive.
155. I hope (that) you find the enclosed information to be useful.
156. Whether the two incidents are related is unknown.
157. He worried (that) she might tell someone what had happened.
158. I was about to leave when they started to argue again.
159. We got there before it started raining.
160. Order now before you forget.
161. The yars have passed since he won the Nobel Peace Prize.
162. As soon as I get home, I 'll send it to you.
163. Since he is so busy, he doesn't have time to eat breakfast most mornings.
164. I'll give you my e-mail address so (that) you can easily contact me.
165. I'll take an umbrella in case it rains.
166. The explsion was so small that no one even noticed it.
167. Unless you check this box, you will not be allowed to proceed.
168. It is a useful guide even if it is somewhat out of date.
169. Any paper will do as long as it is acid free.
acid free (paper):中性紙
