093 話法(Direct/Indirect Narration)①
[解説]
話法…他の人が話したことをさらに他の人に伝える方法
直接話法
間接話法…「伝える人の視点」で言い換え
例
サムの台詞「僕はサッカー選手になりたい」
直接話法 Sam says "I want to be a soccer player."
間接話法 Sam says (that) he wants to be a soccer player.
話法の転換(直接話法≒間接話法)
※内容は一緒だが「動詞」「時制」「人称代名詞」「指示語」「修飾語句」
に表現上の違いが出る。
[例文]
1 Sam said to me, "I want to be a soccer player."
2 Sam told me (that) he wanted to be a coccer player.
※伝える相手の視点で言い換える
伝達動詞 said to me → told me
人称代名詞 I → he
時制 want → wanted
3 Our teacher told us to be quite in the library.
4 Our teacher told us not to be noisy in the library.
5 My sister asked me to show her around the campus.
6 I suggested to her (that) we have lunvh at the careteria.
7 I sasked he her if she wanted to have lunch at the cafeteria.
8 I sasked Sam how long he had lived in Japan.
※直接話法
Our teacher said to us, "Be quiet in the library."
"Don't be noisy in the library."
My sister sadi to me, "Please show me around the campus."
I said to my sister, "Let's have lunch at the caf3eteria."
"Do you want to have lunch at the cafeteria?"
I said to Sam, "How long have you lived in Japan?"

